Welcome Back and Debate
Last night saw a great turnout for the Poli Sci Department’s welcome back party. We’ve gone from just a handful of people my first year here to nearly filling up the patio in WPC this year. It was great to see everyone there.
So how many say the debate last night? Actually, the better question probably is, how many knew there was a debate last night? It was the first (only?) debate between Democrat Barbara Boxer and Republican Carly Fiorina in their contest for one of California‘s Senate seats.
Right now they are running neck and neck in the polls, but it is increasingly looking like a Republican-wave year at the polls. Fiorina, a social conservative in a liberal-leaning state, has a chance to knock off the three-term incumbent Boxer.
- Pro-Dream Act Republican Carly Fiorina: Can We Really Trust Her? (immigration.change.org)
- Boxer-Fiorina Debate To Be held Tonight (huffingtonpost.com)
- Understanding Carly Fiorina (redstate.com)
- Boxer, Fiorina spar in first candidate debate (abclocal.go.com)
- Barbara Boxer hit on “Call me Senator,” Carly Fiorina on Prop. 23 — but who won? And was debate fair? (sfgate.com)
- How Barack Obama Is Letting Republicans Like Carly Fiorina Dog Gay Marriage (queerty.com)
- CA-Sen: Boxer: Fiorina “kinda used to creating jobs in China” (dailykos.com)
- Boxer, Fiorina tussle over economy in first debate (msnbc.msn.com)
- Boxer, Fiorina Tangle in Debate (blogs.wsj.com)
- John Fund On The Boxer/Fiorina Debate (cehwiedel.com)